Flag: 45th Alabama Infantry (Co. B, Dixie Sledge Guards)
This flag was loaned to the Department of Archives and History by the Robert E. Lee Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy on November 10, 1902. According to two newspaper accounts which accompanied the flag, it was the original "handsome silk battle flag" given to the company (Co. B, Dixie Sledge Guards) by Mr. & Mrs. J. N. Sledge.
In August 1990, the flag was removed from the frame in which it had been
since 1902. The cotton flag was examined by Textile Conservator Fonda
Thomsen and determined to probably be of post-war construction.
|Previous Flag||Next Flag|
Return to Flag index
To Civil War Military records
To Willis Brewer's Brief Historical Sketches of Alabama Units
To Civil War Unit History files
Return to ADAH homepage
Updated: October 25, 2006